Assignment-1 : PPT Presentation: Bio-Medical/Innovative Issue
Create a PPT presentation for below topic:
- Biomedical Research (researcher/participant/user)
- Stem cell research
The presentation will be limited to twelve (12) PPT slides (10 slides minimum) (not including a title slide and reference slide) and include the following information:
- Introduce the ethical issue
- Examine the ethical issue as it relates to the following (include all four (4) relational aspects):
- organization, and
- Compare and contrast the positive/negative aspects of the issue
- Evaluate the impact of the issue on the nursing profession
- Include a minimum of three (3) thought provoking questions for class discussion
All presentations must include the following:
- Title slide (include course name/semester & group members).
- In-text Citations* (APA format) on each slide as necessary.
- Reference slide (APA format).
- Include a minimum of (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the presentation (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old. Your textbook may be used IN ADDITION to the 4 professional peer-reviewed journal references to support the presentation.
- Use APA format for PPT, which always includes a title slide, a reference slide, and APA requirements. Resources found in APA Documents/Resources.
- A minimum of 4 references will be required for this assignment. References should be from scholarly peer-reviewed journals (check Ulrich’s Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
Assignment 2 – Case study : Cultural Diversity Case Study (4 Points)
The narrative paper will address the following criteria:
- Discuss the importance of the patient care delivery system being congruent with the diversity of health belief systems related to the community and local populations. Give a specific example.
- Describe cultural misconceptions that may occur because of differing styles of communication.
- Discuss the steps the leader/manager need to take to better understand his/her employees and create an environment that recognizes and value differences.
- Explain steps the leader can take to help employees understand cultural backgrounds and communication styles.
- The paper should be 2-3 pages excluding the title and reference page.
- Utilize Level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
- Include a minimum of two (2) references from peer-reviewed scholarly journals. All articles must be within a five-year timeframe or a classical works as defined by APA.
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, and reference).
Assignment 3: Leadership Interview & Reflective paper (14 Points)
For this assignment, student’s will interview a nurse leader for the Leadership Interview Assignment. This may be a leader in the student’s practice setting, community, an organization, or unit. Consider an exemplary nursing leader that is a good role model in nursing leadership.
Assignment Criteria: Part 1: Interview
- Ask the leader to provide a brief overview of their level of formal education. Does the leader have a master’s degree or higher in executive leadership, health system leadership, or certification in leadership?
- What are the educational requirements for your position? Does their position require a master’s degree or higher? Does the organization require nurse leaders to have certification or leadership training?
- Have the leader describe their role in the organization/unit. How long have they been in the position?
- Have the leader describe three (3) characteristics that make an exemplary nursing leader in the organization.
- Explore any potential changes needed in the unit/organization.
- How can nursing leadership influence the outcome of a needed change in areas such as quality, safety, and performance improvement?
Assignment Criteria: Part 2: Reflective Paper
The reflective paper will address the following criteria:
- Summarize the leadership interview in narrative format (remember to utilize personal communication citations as needed).
- Correlate the findings from the interview and course readings regarding the effects that leadership and management have on the assurance of quality patient-centered care, safety in healthcare environments, and enhanced performance improvement in care delivery systems.
- Use APA format, include title page, reference page, and level 1 and 2 headings in the paper. The interview questions will be level 2 headings.
- The paper should be four to five pages (excluding title page and reference page).
- Include a minimum of one peer-reviewed scholarly journal article. The textbook may be used as a reference in addition.