Write a separate paragraph for 8 different jazz songs/pieces that you listen to in a radio or streaming broadcast. For each paragraph, you’ll need to address all of the bullet points listed below.
When you are ready to submit your assignment, click on the blue “Submit Assignment” button above, then copy & paste your work into the Text Entry box (you cannot upload a file). Be sure to click the”certify” box and the “Submit Assignment” button before leaving the page.
The Listening Journal will help you become more familiar with the diverse sounds of the jazz tradition, and will assist you in developing a detailed approach to what I call “active listening.” The critical listening skills that you develop in this assignment will also help you succeed on the concert report assignment, due later in the term.
NOTE: this assignment is identical to Listening Journal 1. It consists of writing eight more journal entries.
Prompt for Listening Journal 2:
1. Tune into any jazz radio broadcast – this can include internet or satellite radio. If you use a service like Pandora, be sure to choose a jazz genre, and do not allow it to include related (non-jazz) genres. A good local resource in San Diego is Jazz 88 – KSDS (88.3 FM). It’s also streaming online at http://www.jazz88.org.
2. Write 8 journal entries – one for each song that you listen to – addressing all of the following bullet points for each song (8 songs, 8 paragraphs):
• What’s the title of the song?
• What’s the name of the band leader and/or band? This information is clearly provided on internet and satellite radio. If you’re listening to a traditional radio broadcast, DJs announce this info every now and then.
• What’s the instrumentation? Larger ensembles such as swing big bands can be identified as such, but for smaller ensembles (up to 5 performers) I’d like you to identify all of the individual instruments if possible.
• Describe the general character of the music: what’s the atmosphere, vibe or emotional content of the piece? How would you describe the tempo (slow, medium, fast)? Does the music sound consonant (harmonious) or dissonant (discordant and clashing) – or something in between?
• How does the music unfold from beginning to end? This is the most important aspect of this assignment, and should comprise at least half of each of your 8 journal entries. This can include descriptions of shifts in mood and character, interesting exchanges/dialogues between instruments/musicians, descriptions of solos, and other notable moments.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Jazz Music 8 different jazz songs pieces 8 paragraph appeared first on Top Premier Essays.