Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 15
- Lesson: Week 1, 8
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
- text book- Martin, F. D., Jacobus, L. (2014). Humanities through the Arts. McGraw-Hill Education.
InstructionsAs we learned in Week 1, there is a difference between being educated and simply trained. The purpose of education is not only to determine what someone can do, but also what kind of person they become as a result of their education. Studies in the humanities will advance the communication skills, empathy, self-awareness, judgment, and professionalism of students, and they help students with becoming skilled at the social and cultural context of working with people.
In addition, studying the humanities can help students in the following ways:
- Literature can introduce students to life situations with which they may not be familiar.
- Drama can teach oral communication.
- Philosophy can teach skills of analysis and argument.
- Art, literature, drama. and music are expressions of human creativity, and taking part in some form of artistic activity, either as reader or viewer, is part of what makes us human.
For this assignment, choose a work of art that made an impression on you during this course. Then, address the following:
- Include an image of or link to the work.
- Identify the artist, the title, date completed, and the medium.
- Explain how learning about the work will help you in your life and career (critical care nursing). Â Consider the context in which the work was created and the meaning of the work.
- Explain how one or more specific disciplines (literature, drama, philosophy, art, music) influenced you.
- Examine the effect that you think this class (humanity, arts) could have on your career as critical care nurse and personal life.
Paper should clearly articulate a thoughtful analysis of the personal/professional connection to art, influence of the humanities, and effect of the course.
“. WITH UK Best Essays AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
Interrelationships Reflection was first posted on October 20, 2019 at 2:07 am.
©2019 "Brainy Term Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org