To begin planning/writing for the paper below are the topics and examples of points to cover in the paper.
- Discuss the issues of responding to a complex humanitarian emergency or an international disaster. Choose one:
- Haitian earthquake
- West African Ebola outbreak
- Syrian refugee crisis
- Yemen conflict and humanitarian crisis
Some ideas to discuss in the paper:
- disaster management models,
- political factors,
- other related topics as applicable.
The paper must be a minimum of 5 pages (not including title page, abstract and references) of substantive analysis that demonstrate your thoughts and understanding of topics.
Reference to appropriate authoritative resources and official websites. Must be accessible online. Use New Times Roman 12 font with 1” margins and APA style.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: International and humanitarian disaster management has steadily evolved over decades. The increased emphasis on global disaster preparedness from both governmental and private sectors has widespread application across all borders. Through the exploration of disaster models, public health principles, economic, social and political elements, students will explore the application of the disaster cycle.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Through assigned readings, completion of assignments, interaction with classmates via discussion board, self-directed learning activities, and participation in chat sessions, students will be able to:
- Utilize a variety of resources, including journal articles, government document, textbooks, and Web-based sources to better define and understand the field of international disaster and humanitarian relief.
- Distinguish the unique differences and similarities between the provision of public health in the United States and global, international venues.
- Identify and assess natural and man-made hazard issues related to the provision of international disaster relief and health care.
- Apply principles of international emergency management and emergency planning processes as they pertain to global disaster relief.
- Articulate the political, economic, and functional elements that apply during an international aid response.
- Explore the use of military assets and in country interpretations of their use.
Kapur, G.B. and Smith, J.P. (2011). Emergency public health preparedness and response. Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Coppola, D. P. (2015). Introduction to international disaster management (3rd Ed.). Burlington, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann. (attached)
– I attached useful articles.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post International and Humanitarian Disaster Management Paper appeared first on Top Premier Essays.