Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read and review the Sample Final Essay, and Chapters 4 and 5 of Essentials of College Writing. Also, view the ENG121 Week 5 Final Assignment: Final Paper video. Lastly, view the following web pages: Citing Within Your Paper, Grammar & Punctuation, Introduction to APA, Quoting, Paraphrasing, & Summarizing, and Writing a Discussion Board Post from the Ashford Writing Center.
In Week 3, you wrote the rough draft of your Critical Response Essay in which you stated your critical response to one of the available library essays. This week you will complete and revise this draft and turn in your final essay.
As you are writing this essay, incorporate your instructor’s feedback from your Week 3 draft, Ashford Writing Center feedback, applicable peer reviews, and other activities completed throughout this course. Expand upon the prewriting done in the discussion forum for the past five weeks to provide specific details about the reading you selected, the topic that it explores, and your critical response to that topic.
In your paper,
- Build on your Outline and Rough Draft by responding to the main points of your selected essay with a clear argument.
- Revise and edit previous work, incorporating instructor feedback from previous submissions in the course.
- Support your response with examples from the selected essay, and include at least one quote and one paraphrase (a total of two citations) in APA format.
- State specific details about the essay you selected, the topic that it explores, and your critical response to that topic.
- Produce academic argumentative writing using appropriate tone, style, and citation format as well as correct grammar, spelling, and sentence mechanics.
- Include the structural components of academic writing: an introduction with a thesis, support paragraphs, and a conclusion.
The Final Critical Response Essay
- Must be 4-5 properly-formatted pages or 1,000-1,250 words (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of essay
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for additional guidance.
- Must include a clear thesis statement. For more information about writing thesis statements, visit the Ashford Writing Centerand review Chapters 4 and 5 of Essentials of College Writing.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions as well as Writing a Thesis Statement, refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least 1 credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post final paper 243 appeared first on Top Premier Essays.