Choose ONE of the following:
A) Choose two social media platforms (Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and compare how they affect society in various ways. Discuss the details of how they each function and how those unique aspects reflect and affect society. (For instance, Tweets are limited to 140 characters â€“ reflects headline-only culture or snarky one-liner culture or both. Instagram being primary image-focused frames culture as image-related, etc.) What insights can you draw from these differences between the two platforms? Use quotes/paraphrase from at least six outside sources (two of which can be essays from our book, but the others must be from academic books or journal articles) to support and illustrate.
B) Is social media dividing or equalizing our society? Discuss specific social media platforms and how they are involved with at least two of the following issues: Troll Armies, Slacktivism, Online â€œDatingâ€, Cyber Bullying, E-Commerce, Government Surveillance, Fake News, “Fake News”, News Silos, Social Media Addiction, Identity Construction, Stanning, Fast Entertainment, Social Issue Awareness, Charity, Online Education, or Political Voice. Discuss the details of these issues and how the specific social media platforms contribute to them in various ways. Use quotes/paraphrase from at least six outside sources (two of which can be essays from our book, but the others must be from academic books or journal articles) to support and illustrate.
Essay should be 6-8 double-spaced pages in MLA format. You must use at least one quote from six different outside academic sources (two could be essays from our book).
- Should have a title that states topic and hints at thesis.
- Introduction should begin with 3-5 sentences introducing the topic of social media and the particular issues or platforms you will be discussing
- A thesis statement should end the introduction making an analytical argumentâ€”that is detailed, developed, and dynamicâ€”that shows a college-level engagement.
- Body paragraphs should begin with clearly articulated topic sentences that develop individual points helping to support your overall thesis.
- Evidence should describe the platforms/issues and be connected to quotes, paraphrase, and/or summary from outside sources (two could be essays from the book).
- Conclusion should bring these individual points back to the overall thesis and make it clear what the implications are for society in the near future.
- Essays should follow MLA style and format (see Hacker or look it up online): typed, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1â€ margins all around. One point will be docked for each of these requirements that are not met. One LETTER GRADE will be docked for missed deadlines. Late papers will receive a grade but limited comments.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.