Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 15
- Text book – Martin, F. D., Jacobus, L. (2014). Humanities through the Arts. McGraw-Hill Education
- Minimum of 1 primary source (from artist)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post InstructionsFor the initial post, select and address one of the following options:
Option 1: Choose a work to discuss from one genre that interprets a work from another genre.
- Include the title, artist, and description of both works.
- Examine how the artist of the second work captured the subject or story of the first.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the second artist that discusses the influence, reasoning, or interpretation of the original work on the second work.
Click on the following link for examples:
- You could choose a specific artwork influenced by a literary work and how the artist captured the subject or story. (Examples: Salvador Dali’s Mad Tea Party and Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland; Pablo Picasso’s Don Quixote and Cervantes’s Don Quixote de la Mancha)Â
- You could choose a literary work influenced by an artwork and how the author captured the story. (Examples: Picasso’s The Old Guitarist and Wallace Steven’s “The Man with the Blue Guitar”; Van Gogh’s Starry Night and Anne Sexton’s “The Starry Night”)
Option 2: Choose a work of art from any genre that depicts or tells the story of a real life event from any time period, such as The Consecration of the Emperor Napoleon and the Coronation of Empress JosÃ©phine on December 2, 1804 by Jacques Louis David.
- Include the title and the artist and some background of the event.
- What is the relationship between the work of art and the event?
- Did the artist depict the event accurately?
- Does the artist make changes regarding the event? If so, why do you think the artist made these changes?
- Examine the artist’s message in the depiction.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the artist.
“. WITH UK Best Essays AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
Discussion – Interdisciplinary Works was first posted on October 20, 2019 at 2:00 am.
©2019 "Brainy Term Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com