Case Study Assignment
Select a company from the back of the textbook, Strategic Management: An Integrated Approach. There are 28 cases to choose from. See the listing on page C-1 (Choose the COMPAQ CASE STUDY STARTING ON PAGE C-67). The cases are in order, starting on page C-15. Perform a competitive analysis of the company. There are eight parts or areas to address as described under “Analyzing a Case Study and Writing a Case Study Analysis,” page C-2.
The eight (8) areas/parts of a case study analysis are as follows (page C-3):
1. The history, development, and growth of the company overtime.
2. The identification of the company’s internal strengths and weaknesses.
3. The nature of the external environment surrounding the company.
4. A “SWOT” analysis.
5. The kind of corporate-level strategy that the company is pursuing.
6. The nature of the company’s business-level strategy.
7. The company’s structure and control systems and how they match its strategy.
Case Study Requirements:
Please include the following:
• Cover page
• Seven (7) pages in length (NOT including cover page or references)
• Reference page
• 12 point font
• Times New Roman or equivalent in size font
• Include a financial analysis
You are expected to utilize at least one (1) other resource other than your Cases text information, and provide the reference in the reference section of your case study.
Important: no two students can do the same case study; therefore, notify me as soon as you have selected the case study you desire. If the case study has been selected by another student, I will let you know so you can select another.
Financial Analysis Requirements:
The Financial Analysis requirements are outlined on pages C-9 through C-14. You DO NOT have to do a Cash Flow Analysis. Your analysis must include a minimum of five (5) ratios. Your analysis should explain each ratio and discuss the significance of the ratio.