Option #1: Recommendations for Type of Business Entity
Ripley, an individual; Jones, an individual; and Weyland Incorporated, a California corporation; are planning to enter into a joint venture together. They would like this joint venture to be operated as a separate legal entity. They have come to you, a certified public accountant, in hopes that your firm would provide tax reporting services for this new venture. In addition, they would like to know your preference on the best form of entity to operate this new venture. Here are some of the items they would like you to consider in recommending a form of business entity:
- Ripley and Jones would like to have limited liability for joint venture activities.
- Weyland would like the legal entity to exist in perpetuity.
- Jones would like to minimize federal income tax for distribution of operating earnings to the owners.
- Ripley would like minimization of administrative burden.
- Ripley and Weyland may sell their ownership interests in 2 years.
- The new joint venture is expected to make losses during its first two years of operation.
Please prepare a one-page memo summarizing your recommendation. As part of the memo, include a matrix of entity types and characteristics to see which entity type best meets all or most of the preference items for the potential owners.
Review the grading rubric to understand how you will be graded on this assignment.
Be sure to use references and proper APA formatting by adhering to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post business entity appeared first on Top Premier Essays.