For this discussion, first think over some “relationship” you recently encountered (either real or fictional). Review in your reflection who was involved, what happened, and what impact this relationship had on you.
NOW: step away from this episode and assess / discuss this from a social psychological perspective. This means you will want to explore the social psychological perspectives behind our need to belong. What are those aspects that lead us to friendship and attraction? You may want to include ideas such as proximity, mere exposure, physical attractiveness, similarity, and/or the reward theory of attraction.
Your discussion takes into account many factors affecting one’s “need to belong.” If you choose a person who you love and care for, your “relationship” will be quite different than say, your ‘hard to relate to boss. Your discussion can include a number of the psycho / social attributes, including some of the key theoretical premises of the “Theory of Attraction.”
To prepare for this discussion, please read Chapters 12 of your textbook . 250 words.
- Identify a relationship (from a book, play, television show, movie, etc.). For example, you might choose a love story or a story about a deep friendship. Briefly relate pertinent information about the characters and the nature of their relationship.
- Analyze the connection from a social psychological perspective. Point out specific examples to illustrate the following:
- Which of the various factors in attraction are present?
- Is the relationship based on friendship or love? If love, what type of love is portrayed?
- Summarize any factors in the relationship that resulted in conflict. If the relationship dissolved, explain factors that may have led to the demise. Predict elements that are present and may eventually create problems in the relationship.
- use vocabulary from the book
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.